Monday 11 April 2011

Charlie Bartlett

Before I tell you what's the story is about. I'll just list some quick facts why I love this movie.

  • Robert Downey Jr. is starring. So it's no wonder that I am so in love with this movie since I am a HUGE fan of him. ^____^
  • First movie I saw that featured Robert Downey as a seriously jackass and alcoholic father+principal. We saw him in Due Date, Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes as this perfect+macho guy who owns his life. So, this time I get to see the other side of him.
  • The hero is kinda cute. His intelligence is just soo super cute. HAHA! 
  • The story actually reflects what a high school girl really like. I like how the heroin is portrayed in this. She is neither a perfect blondie cheerleader nor a beauty queen. Yet, she has her own aura that makes her quite attractive.
Introducing you to Charlie Bartlet! aka Anton Yelchin. Cute huh?
Kat Dennings as Susan Gardner. She don't look this stunning in the movie.
Told yah.


Ok. So. This movie is about this genius who gets kicked out from one private school to another because of the abuse of his intelligence. (You gotta find this out by yourselves and see what he actually does. So cool yet illegal.) Then, his mother decides to sent him to this public school. He is soo genius that he manages to make money and gain popularity (Which is very important to these high school kids. Damn. Any high school kid actually.) He kinda selling drugs but eventually he changes his business area. This is due to an incident where one of his "client" nearly dies of suicide swallowing up drugs bought from Charlie. Ok. Just see this movie for yourself. I strongly recommend this one.

Owh. And I discover this pretty awesome band in this movie.
Call themselves "Spiral Beach".


Gotta listen their songs, I searched them on youtube.


Well. I am on holiday yeah. But I actually should be working on my research paper. Urggghh..

Sometimes I feel like my review is like appreciation of some literature works. Well, if you are taking some English language course you would understand what I am talking about. Sometimes I pretend that this blog is some medium to improve my writing. Well, sometimes I pretend this is where I express my many complicated feelings. Some other times, I think it is where I actually err.. I've talked wrote too much perhaps.

P/S: Ignore the last bit. I myself don't understand what I wanna wrote really.

Till then
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment